Infant Massage Education
Infant massage is a wonderful way for families to come together. The very first sense to develop (in the womb, at only 6-9 weeks gestation!), touch has been a vital way – in just about every species, for thousands of years – to communicate, bond, and aid in survival and thriving.
We live in a very over stimulating, multi-tasking world, and spending time with your infant learning and performing infant massage is a way to focus on a singular, very critical task: getting to know your baby, and letting them get to know you!
There are four primary benefits to infant massage:
- Stimulation of all physiological systems – circulatory, digestive, respiration, skin, nervous, immune, language, etc.
- Relaxation via a decrease of stress and a release of relaxation hormones
- Relief of physical discomfort such as teething, sinuses, digestion, and colic
- Interaction and bonding, learning of cues, eye contact, all forms of communication
What does all of this mean for your infant?
Regulated digestion, regulated sleep, improved communication, decreased pain and discomfort.
What does Infant Massage do for parents?
- Enhances parental confidence
- Provides parents with tools that allow active participation in their child’s health and well-being
- Can reduce potential for abuse
- Can reduce post-natal depression
- Reduces the feeling of isolation for new parents
Each session borrows from a range of modalities and techniques in order to ensure you leave feeling fantastic! Click the link to book your session today!
- 30 Minute Bodywork Session $50
- 60 Minute Bodywork Session $80
- 90 Minute Bodywork Session $115
- 2 Hour Bodywork Session $150
Need a little more time on the table? Want to add some aromatherapy to your session? Check out these great add-ons!
- Happy Baby, Happy Mommy Private Infant Massage Class $80
In this hands-on private session, mom will spend an hour with her baby learning the value of infant massage, reflexology, and yoga, and how to use these techniques to promote baby’s wellbeing, and grow the bond between mother and child.
In Sanskrit, Shanti means
peace & tranquility.
With the goal of healing the past in order to welcome the present, the term "Shanti" evokes balance, freedom and a feeling of "lightness."
Sarah is amazing! She has a fantastic understanding of the body and how life circumstances can be reflected in your areas of tightness. Everything about her practice is easy - from booking an appointment with her to explaining your needs and goals for the session - she is incredibly responsive and understanding.
Most importantly your experience during the massage is completely comfortable, relaxing and rejuvenating. When I leave, I think about the next time that I will need to go back to hit the reset button on my body!Emily
Sarah is a great massage therapist. She took into consideration my requests but also listened to what my body was telling her and addressed areas that were definitely in need of being de-notted. She has a friendly and warm demeanor and treats her clients respectfully. Highly recommended!Lance
Visit Shanti Bodywork
Located on the 5th floor and easy to find, my new space at 100 Cummings Center (Suite 538-K) in Beverly MA is full of beautiful natural sunlight, spacious, and quiet. There is an airy, welcoming waiting room for relaxing if you happen to arrive early, and the new treatment room is cozy and boasts a brand new hydraulic table, which will allow for more flexibility and comfort during sessions.
Ample parking, completely handicap accessible, and centrally located, I am confident that everyone will love it!